Monday, September 14, 2015

Live Your Dream Mixed Media Art

 
Pin It
 
Are you living your dream? I know I'm not yet, but I'm working on it. I think it's a good question to ask yourself regularly. And if you're not, do you know what your dream is? If you're not sure, some questions you may want to ask yourself are: What brings you the most joy? What is your purpose? How can you best serve the world? What are you most interested in and what comes easily to you? If you've got it figured out, then what steps you can take everyday to move you closer to your dream? Having an inspiring quote around your home may help you to remember to work on it, or if you are living your dream, to keep pushing yourself to be able to continue doing it.
 
I found an interesting article on Huffington Post about why you may not be living your dream life: The Real Reason You're Not Living Your Dream Life (And It's Not Time or Money). In it the author Alexis Sclamberg includes 7 excuses people make to justify why they're not living their dream:

Excuse #1: I don't have the money.
 
Excuse #2: I don't have time.
 
Excuse #3: I've already started down one path; I can't change direction.
 
Excuse #4: I'm too scared.
 
Excuse #5: People will judge me if I fail.
 
Excuse #6: I'm not _____ enough.
 
Excuse #7: I'm not ready yet.
 
I can relate to a few of those right now. My dream goal is to start selling art prints of my canvases and of my digital designs, on my own and also in shops. And then hopefully to license some of my work to be put on products. I've been selling mostly one of a kind and made to order signs and some wall art so far, and it's been a hard transition. Now I'm trying to focus on my long term goals and to not just continue with what I've been doing so far, what has worked for me in the past. Also, making the switch to focusing on Art and Design and extending my work, rather than on selling individual crafts and getting only that one time sale. The biggest hurdle and excuse for me is believing that people will want to buy my prints (excuse #6 and #7), and not just my original signs or canvases, which has led to me procrastinating quite a bit. I think referring to that article when I'm stuck will help.
 
Now onto my canvas quote art. I wanted to go for a really doodly, textured look in warm colors. This mixed media canvas features a honeycomb pattern, flowers, spirals and hand lettering. The materials used include: acrylic paint, paint marker, stencil, stamps, chalk pencils, charcoal pencils, colored pencils, texture tool, acrylic ink and archival stamping ink. I really wanted to give it a complex textured look, so there's lots of layers, doodles, speckles and texture sponging using my favorite texture tool.
 
 
 
{ I added some doodles and colors to the black letters }
 

 
{ I made some spirals with white and black charcoal pencils }
 

 
{Here you  really see the doodles, texture and stamping }
 
 
I want to leave you with a few of my favorite inspiring quotes about dreams:
 
 
"Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow." - Doug Firebaugh
 
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C. S. Lewis
 
"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally." - David Frost
 
"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls." - Joseph Campbell
 
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
 
 
~Cameo
 
 
P.S. Follow my #DareToDream board on Pinterest for quotes and inspiration!
 
 
{Link Parties I am participating in}
 
Made by You Mondays at http://www.skiptomylou.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!