Thursday, August 6, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Diamond Rio Concert Layout

 
 
For today's Throwback Thursday post, I have a favorite old concert scrapbook layout. It's of a Diamond Rio concert from all the way back in 1998. This was when their song Unbelievable was out, which is such a fun song that I still love! It was an especially great concert, because we had front row center stage seats! And so some of the photos are of a weird angle, because they were right above us.

 
 
I really like the way this turned out, because of the fun techniques I used, and also the diamond patterns to mimic the band name. First, I created the title and journal block and printed it out on a transparency. I attached them with brads, adding blue strips and yellow paint behind the title. Then on the second page I painted the back in a swatch of red, which made the lettering stand out. I printed my favorite songs on colored paper and cut into them into paper strips, attaching with brads also. For the red background, I stamped a diamond foam stamp into a pattern using clear Versamark Ink and then I darkened it slightly with a cotton ball and black chalk. The black background was stamped with another foam stamp and royal blue paint. Then I distressed it with a stipple brush and black ink, adding specks of yellow paint using an old toothbrush. A yellow mat and blue paper borders finish off the layout.
 
 

This is what the pages look like together. I love making concert scrapbook pages and listing my favorite songs of theirs at the time. It brings back such good memories. I have seen them one more time since in concert, but I would still love to see them again.
 
Have a great day :-)
 
~Cameo



Pin It


Link Party I am Participating In:

Link Party Palooza at Tatertots & Jello

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!