Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dare To Be Different Glittery Sign


 
Sometimes it's fun to just add a lot of glitter to your project! This sign started out cute with my hand lettering and stamped leaves, but it got so much better with some sparkle. I went over my title with a plum purple glitter glue, but it wasn't standing out enough from the brown, so I added a layer of pink on top. Then I went over the leaves in a lime glitter glue and added multi-colored glitter centers to make it pop. I used two to three layers on each glittery area to fill it in more. The bottom lettering was in white, but I went over it with a gold paint marker, which made the letters stand out more, rather than just putting the gold directly on the dark background. I finished it with gold dots accenting the leaves.

 
A close-up of the sign, which is still available as of this posting date in my Etsy shop. 
 
Post links to your glitter projects, I'd love to take a look!
 
 
~Cameo
 
 
Pin It


* I'm participating in these link parties: *
 
Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!