Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Take Time To Do What Makes Your Soul Happy

 
 
I love the quote "Take Time To Do What Makes Your Soul Happy." It is such good reminder to find the time to do the things that make you happy. And so I decided to put it on a canvas. This mixed-media canvas features painting, stamping, paper flowers and buttons. I hand lettered the quote in paint markers and a small paint brush. I decided to make it in one of my favorite color schemes: blue, green and browns. You can find it available in my Etsy shop.


 
This close-up shows the subtle stamped background of flowers, paisley, and corner flourishes. I used the method of dry stamping over wet paint to remove the paint. I believe there is a name for this technique, but it is not coming to me right now! I find that it works best using a color wash, stain, or glaze. I also took a stylus and scratched swirls into the still wet paint. The paper flowers were dyed, layered, inked and topped with buttons.
 
 
 
This is an alternate version I made for a custom order. She went with a sage green, buttercup, cream, and browns for her colors. It was made to match her craft room, which is in the next photo. I thought it turned out pretty good, compared to the original. It can be tricky trying to recreate your work!
 

 
I love when I get photos of my work in my customer's homes. It doesn't happen very often, but it makes me happy to see my art in people's homes! :)
 
 
Have a great day!
 
~Cameo
 
 
Pin It

 
* Join the fun! I'm participating in these link parties: *
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!