Monday, March 30, 2015

Make a Creative Quote Scrapbook

(Paper and quote by Lisa Bearnson, circle punch by EK Success, others: markers, Spritzer Airbrush tool, embroidery floss, thread, fibers and spiral paper clips).
 
If you are a scrapbooker and love quotes too, why not combine them into a quote scrapbook! I was first introduced to the idea a long time ago from Lisa Bearnson (aka the scrapbooking queen), and bought a kit of hers to start. But then I continued on making them with my own materials. My favorite things about quote albums are: picking out quotes to use, deciding what theme or materials to use on the page, and also getting to use up scraps and supplies. If you are like me, sometimes you just buy things you like and you hold onto them for a while or don't know what to do with them. It's also a great way to try out new techniques, fonts or dingbats (picture fonts), or to use new tools on pages.
 
I like to make mine 6x6 inches, because I just love those cute little scrapbooks. And I don't usually like to scrapbook in that small size. It's also a great excuse to go buy one you've been eyeing, but didn't know what you would do with it. So far mine have no photos in them, but you can add a picture page across from a quote you like, or incorporate the photo(s) into your page. What's great about this is you can always go back and rearrange and incorporate photos if you change your mind down the road.
 
Other options to make a quote scrapbook:
  • Use a Smash book or an artist sketchbook (like an art journal).
  • Use tiny mini albums or make your own with chipboard.
  • Use a regular photo album and make your pages in a standard photo size 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10.
  • Use  Project Life or similar pocket pages and use all the same size pockets, otherwise vary your quote sizes.
  • Use a standard letter size binder or half-size binder, possibly with a pocket front to make your own cover and spine.
  • Mount multiple smaller quote pages onto one 12x12 black or white cardstock page and put into a scrapbook.
  • Display your new pages in a frame before putting them in your scrapbook. Or use smaller quotes in a bi-fold, tri-fold, or a collage frame.


(Swirl paper by Provo Craft, font is Gypsy Switch, fibers by EK Success, paw print punch by EK Success, others: brown marker, chalk, chalk pencils, and office tag).
 
I'm such an animal lover, and I love this quote, so I had to make an animal quote page. On this quote block I cut the title wavy freehand with a craft knife and chalked the edges with a cotton ball. I chalked the tag and the border with chalk pencils. I added the plaid line effect to the background paper with a slightly darker brown marker.
 

(Sun paper cutouts by Rebecca Sower for EK Success, font is Avril, Color Spritzer Airbrush tool, others: deckle edge scissor, orange paper, cream cardstock, chalk, and brown marker).
 
One of my favorite quotes ever by Benjamin Franklin: " Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." For this quote page, I cut the wavy borders freehand with a deckle scissor. To make the lighter textured cardstock, I started with cream cardstock and crumpled it up into a ball, then flattened it back out. To color it, I chalked it with a cotton ball in yellow, then went over the creases with orange chalk. On the orange paper, I printed out the quote first, then I crumpled it up a little bit, then flattened it out. I added little dots to it using a brown marker and the Color Spritzer Airbrush Tool. I love the way the textured paper turned out! To help flatten out these papers, put heavy books on top, otherwise use a regular book with hand weights on top.
 
I hope you give this project a try, thanks for dropping by!
 
~Cameo
 
Pin It
 
{Link Parties I am participating in}
 
Made by You Mondays at http://www.skiptomylou.org
Link Party Palooza at http://todayscreativeblog.net
 
Supplies Used for this project:




(FTC Disclosure: Blissmade Designs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!