Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thank You Gift Bags


Make your thank you gifts extra special by making thank you gift bags! These thank you gift bags started out as inexpensive bright colored gift bags. They were decorated with thank you word papers that I designed and printed. Then fun paper, foam, metal, and fabric flowers decorate them. Read on to see how each of these gift bags were made.



This pink girly gift bag starts out by making "Thank you very much" paper on the computer. Use your favorite word, scrapbooking or design software to do this. Just find a nice cursive script font and type it out, then copy and paste until you get two rows done. Then highlight the two rows and copy and paste until you fill up the whole page. The print was done in black and then printed on pink paper.


Next, I took my paper trimmer with a decorative blade and cut it out to be slightly smaller then the bag. This could also be done with a decorative scissor. I adhered it to the bag with some good permanent adhesive. I topped it off with pink layered fabric flowers with a button in the center. I recommend using tacky glue for this.


This bright bag was created using "International thank you" paper. To make the paper, first decide on the words you want to use. Just google "how to say thank you in different lanquages" to find a bunch. Then in your program, type out the words (or copy and paste from internet) in different fonts and sizes. For this bag I also used different gradations of black, so the words came out in black and different shades of gray. Move the words around until they look evenly spaced, adjust font sizes if needed, then print on yellow paper.

To cut out the oval I used my Cricut die cut machine (Storybook Cartridge). You can also use a template or find an oval shape on the internet, or just free hand it (use a pencil on the back). I used metal flower brads to liven up the paper. Then I added two foam flowers, with a yellow paint dot in the center.

 
This last bag is my favorite because of the colors. This "Many Thanks" paper was created starting out with a word block. Use software to create a square outline block. Then create different "thank you" sayings in different fonts and variations until you fill up your square block. See the photo below to see the sayings up close.
 
Once the square is finished, copy and paste more squares until you fill up the page. The paper was cut out into a fun shape using a Cricut and the Storybook cartridge. The paper flowers are from Prima, I just added black metal brads to the centers and adhered to the bag.

 
I loved the way the bags turned out using the paper I designed. You could also create similar paper using different "Thank you" stamps. Give this fun project a try!
 
Link parties I am participating in:
Made by You Mondays at www.skiptomylou.org
Tip Me Tuesdays at www.tipjunkie.com
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!