Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Blueberry Salad

This is such a tasty and healthy salad for summer! I had a lot of blueberries and I wasn't sure what to make with them. And then I thought, I bet you they would be good in a salad! So using my usual salad ingredient favorites: spinach, feta, fruit, and nuts, I came up with this salad creation!




Summer Blueberry Salad

Fresh Spinach (any kind will do, I usually buy Teen)
Fresh Blueberries
Feta Cheese (I like Athenos or Kraft)
Pecans (toast them for more flavor)
Mandarin oranges (canned)
Marzetti Light Berry Balsamic dressing (in refrigerated section)

The Berry Balsamic dressing goes so good with this salad. It has a great berry flavor, but it's not too sweet. Another great dressing option is Marzetti Light Citrus Poppyseed. I really like them both with this salad! The Berry Balsamic is a stronger flavor due to the balsamic, so if you want a "lighter" flavor then go with the Citrus Poppyseed. All the flavors go really well in this salad. But, If you don't have all the ingredients, you really can't go wrong with substitutions. Replace the oranges with strawberries, the pecans with almonds, etc. I really hope you give this recipe a try, let me know if you do!


Link parties I am participating in, check
 them out and share your creations!
A Crafty Soiree  Somewhat Simple
 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
    I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    come strut your stuff

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!