Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Funky Altered Clipboard



This is an altered clipboard I made for my craft room. I painted it in bright colors to match the curtains and other accessories in the room. I used an old clipboard and painted it with acrylic paint. The flowers on the top part were made using foam stamps and paint. I used Style Stix foam painting tools to put the dots on the bottom. I adhered green polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, wrapping the ends around to the back. Then I painted the clip with lime green metal paint by DecoArt. I finished it off with fabric flowers and a button, which I glued on with E6000.
 



Here is what the clipboard looks like in use. I printed an Art To Make list to keep me motivated to make different projects and use different materials. I used bright colored letters and flower dingbats to make the bulleted list. The clipboard is hung on the wall by a nail.

This was such a fun project! Next time I am going to decoupage one with paper. It's great to reuse old clipboards, but you can also buy new ones at Michaels in the wood section. The ones at Michaels look so much easier to make, because you can remove the clip before altering it. It's a little trickier to make with the clip attached. This is a standard sized clipboard to fit 8.5 x 11" sheets of paper, but you can also find smaller ones on the internet.

Link Parties I am participating in:
 
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Just bought a few small clipboards at the craft store to get crafty with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, I love the colors. It is so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!