Monday, April 18, 2011

Handmade Flower Wall Hanging


This is a colorful flowered wall hanging that I made! You can find plaques like these in some craft stores. The scrapbook paper has been decoupaged onto the plaque. I decorated it with a large felt flower, buttons, and jute. The plaque edges have been painted black and is hung by blue rick rack. I applied a matte acrylic sealer to the plaque before adding the felt flower.

The plaque is made of MDF wood. It measures about 8" square (20 cm). The total height with the ribbon is about 13 inches (33cm). The paper is by My Mind's Eye and the felt flower is from Dollar Tree.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Pin It

 

3 comments:

  1. very pretty! Love the buttons!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $40 store credit from Urban Walls to get any decal of your choice. They have amazing decals for every room! just leave me a comment telling me which is your fav decal to win.
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/04/40-store-credit-from-urban-walls-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eye-popping color combination. It really looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!