Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Armands Circle in Sarasota



One of the places I visited in Florida was a shopping area on Lido Key in Sarasota called St. Armands Circle. It has a circle in the center with four quadrants of shops/restaurants and there are a lot of statues. There were so many great shops and restaurants; we didn't even get through the whole thing! We ate outside at a fantastic Spanish restaurant called Columbia. I had a world-famous 1905 salad (so good!), soup, homemade bread, and a really good sangria.



There were a lot of great shops there including some very artsy shops. My favorite was Garden Argosy, which is a gift shop with creative indoor/outdoor items, some of which are handmade. Here are some of the artists/companies I discovered in this shop: A.I. Paper Design, Wild Rooster Artworks, Cindy Wunsch, and Compendium Inc. I would love to go on a shopping spree there someday!



This art shop called The Artful Giraffe featured fabulous art on the wall, plus it had a fantasic mosaic floor. The shop owner let me take a picture of it.



Other fun shops at St. Armands Circle:

Lilly Pulitzer Colorful beachy clothes and accessories
Exit Art: Clothing, home decor, and gift shop
Decor De France: home decor, jewelry, and handbags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!