Sunday, November 21, 2010

Handmade Christmas Home Decor

I love Christmas! And I really enjoy decorating for Christmas. A great way to save money on Christmas decorations is to buy items at thrift shops or dollar stores and alter them with scrapbook supplies. They would also make great inexpensive gifts! Here are some Christmas home decor items that I've made.


Supplies: The paper is by DCWV. The  die cuts are by Paperbilities.

A wooden wall clock that I bought at a thrift store. I covered the front and sides with cardstock. Then I added patterned paper and die-cuts.

Supplies: The cardstock is by DCWV. The  tree embellishments are by JoAnn's.

This is a thrift store picture frame that I made into a decoration for Christmas. I covered the mat with cardstock, then cut out the rectangles. I backed the mat openings with more cardstock. Then I added wire Christmas tree embellishments with foam adhesive.


Supplies: The die cuts are by Paperbilities. The gold embroidery floss is by Making Memories.

I strung Christmas die-cuts on a thrift store mirror for a decoration. I used embroidery floss to hang them.


Supplies: The paper is by DCWV. The stamps are Philadelphia Foam alphabet stamps by Making Memories. Gold paint by JoAnn's.

A frame from the Dollar Tree that I made into a Christmas decoration. I cut out rectangles from patterned paper and then cut them diagonally. The letters were stamped with foam alphabet stamps and gold paint.


Supplies: The paper is by DCWV. The stamps are foam stamps by Plaid. White embossing powder.

A trifold Christmas frame I made into a Christmas decoration. The Christmas images were stamped with foam stamps and white ink. Then I embossed them with white embossing powder.


1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!